A brief list of goals for this year:
+ New Production
Projected Budget: 1,050,000
- Research, produce, edit and translate over 250 new Sichos, conversations, and archival clips with the Rebbe for Living Torah and other videos.
- Release at least two full-length Farbrengens.
- Launch new Ketoim “Highlights at 770” series with commentary narration.
- Release at least one additional major production.
- Launch Living Torah in at least one new language.
- Manufacture and Ship 60,000 DVDs to locations around the world.
+ Research and Collaboration Department - New Department!
Projected Budget: 225,000
- The staff of this new department will assist outside scholars, organizations, publications, and events to research, curate, and produce our materials for their events and productions.
- Assist at least 500 other authors, students, organizations, publications, and events to research, and produce our materials for their events and productions.
- Research and produce content for at least 20 major international events and broadcasts.
- Assist, research, touch-up and deliver 1,000+ photos for publication by non-JEM releases and media outlets.
- Launch website to assist outside individuals and organizations who wish to incorporate JEM materials in their projects.
- Working with the organizers of the Shluchim and Shluchos conferences, research and produce at least 10 special videos for the major sessions.
- Touch-up and fulfill 1,000 specific photos of individuals.
- Edit and fulfill over 400 specific videos by individual request.
+ My Encounter with the Rebbe
Projected Budget: 355,000
- Research and record 225 new My Encounter with the Rebbe testimonies.
- Record at least 80 women among that number.
- Transcribe 450 interviews, approximately 7,500 pages transcripts.
- Publish 52 Here’s My Story weekly releases.
- Go on at least 2 “road trips” to cities with a high number of interviewees.
- Increase locations distributing Here’s My Story by 50% to 2,760 locations weekly.
+ Social Media - New Department!
Projected Budget: 120,000
- Launch, maintain, and update our English, Hebrew, French, Spanish, and Russian YouTube channels. Improve titling and tagging.
- Increase from 1.5 million to 5.5 million views of YouTube and Facebook video.
- Increase viewership of JEM videos on Chabad.org and affiliate sites from 1.2 million to 3 million views.
- Launch WhatsApp groups in English, Hebrew, French, Spanish and Russian.
- Send out 1.2 million videos via WhatsApp.
+ Platform Development
Projected Budget: 355,000
Living Torah App
- Curate content for 145 fresh homepages (thrice weekly), in English and French languages, and ultimately in five languages.
- Launch all-new Living Torah App 2.0 featuring:
- All-new interface
- Greatly enhanced keyword and content searches
- Downloadable videos
- Easier signup.
- Launch Hebrew and Russian Living Torah Apps.
- Achieve 2,500,000 video views in the Living Torah app.
Free Video Portal
- Launch and update free video site featuring 100 favorite videos of the Rebbe on the 10 most-searched topics.
- Improve TheLivingArchive.org photo site, including faster access, and easier tagging and ordering.
- Publish an additional 100,000 photos on TheLivingArchive.org.
- Plan and build the infrastructure for JEMbox – a platform to allow direct to screens via IPTV, as well as incredible access to thousands of videos, for a 2016 rollout.
- Remaster all past JEM productions; organize subtitles and all associated media for delivery in JEMbox and other delivery platforms.
+ Preservation and Archive Development
Projected Budget: 225,000
- Organize and preserve 250,000 original negatives.
- Scan and catalog 100,000 photos from original negatives.
- Organize and preserve 1,000 interviews, reformat them, and ingest into the Media Access Management system to enable quick access and availability to the research and production operations.
- Preserve and catalog 1,000 hours of historic Lubavitch archival video recordings.
- Restore, preserve, organize, and catalog 1,300 hours of raw audio recordings from original source tapes.
- Manage nearly 1 petabyte of archival video, audio, and photos, and continue to upgrade the systems and metadata to assure their long term durability and smooth access.
- Add hundreds of thousands of tags, names, transcripts, subtitles, and other metadata to our Media Access Management system, enabling quicker and more powerful access.
Projected Budget: 220,000
- Upgrade our Media Access Management System, adding subtitling capability, tag, name, content, transcript and other metadata entry and search for quicker and more powerful access.
- Upgrade production capacity by acquiring new collaborative Avid Unity production system with 350 terabyte capacity and 10 clients.
- Maintain and upgrade hardware and software systems for 30 full-time and 25 part-time staff members.
Projected Budget: 450,000
- Provide strategic planning and operations to execute JEM’s far-reaching goals.
- Hire an Operations Director to guide JEM’s growth to “the next level.”
- Raise the funds to enable JEM to continue and grow on its vital mission.
- Provide* human resources* for full-time staff of 30.
- Book keeping for budget of $3.2 million.
- Provide* overhead* such as rent, utilities and office expense, insurance and other support for all of JEM’s activities.